Estrada hints at run in Manila

DO you think Manila needs a fresh administration?

This was the question that Manila residents need to answer this as the 2013 midterm elections approaches.


Former President Joseph Estrada is being rumored of planning to run as Mayor of Manila after the incumbent Mayor Alfredo Lim left him in the air and decided to join the Liberal Party of President Benigno Aquino 3rd.

Estrada, who attended the weekly forum, “Kapihan sa Diamond” said he has no intention yet but admitted that there are people wooing him to run for the position.

The relation of Estrada and Lim soured when Lim resigned as member of Partido ng Masang Pilipino (PMP), the political party formed by Erap and used this as his vehicle to MalacaƱang.

“Wala pa akong desisyon kung tatakbo ako sa Maynila. Wala pa akong plano. Pero nanghihinayang lang ako sa Maynila at napapabayaan. Capital city pero napapag-iwanan (I haven’t decided yet if I’ll run in Manila. I have no plans yet. But I pity Manila, it’s being left to go to seed. Capital city it is, but it’s been left behind),” Estrada said.

“Pag-iisipan ko muna nang malalim. Hindi ako padadala sa buyo. Malalaman nyo din ito sa darating na panahon (I’ll think it over. I won’t be cajoled into doing something. You’ll know when the time comes),” he pointed out.

But when asked if he is not convinced by Mayor Lim’s way of running the government, Estrada replied, “Sino yun (Who’s he)?” 

Comments