Mancini promises changes

City boss will rotate his squad for the clash with the Hoops

 

Not serious: David Silva was replaced against Villarreal but Roberto Mancini does not think his back injury was serious and he should be fit to face QPR

Roberto Mancini admits he will change his side for the trip to QPR on Saturday after watching Manchester City beat Villarreal in UEFA Champions League Group A.

Mancini retained just six of the starting line-up from the weekend win over Wolves but a Yaya Toure brace and Mario Balotelli penalty saw City win easily to move second in the table.

City next travel to third-placed Napoli and a win in Italy will see Mancini's side qualify for the knockout stages of the elite European competition.

But Mancini is already looking to take on the Hoops in the English top flight as his side aim to maintain their five-point lead at the top and he has promised further changes.

Watch QPR v Manchester City live on ESPN from 5.30pm on Saturday.

But Mancini is confident David Silva could feature, despite being replaced with 25 minutes to go clutching his back, with Mancini believing the injury was not serious.

He said: "I don't think this is serious. He took a knock on his back.

"Also we play again in 60 hours against QPR. I think he can recover well."
Hard

He added: "We want to play as well as possible, but every game is hard - and we have another one in 60 hours.

"We'll change some players, but if you want to play at this level that's what happens.

"We are going very well but we want to improve, this is possible."

Mancini sustained a bump to the head when he jumped up in the first half and hit the roof of the dug-out.

"It's sore, I took a hard knock," he laughed. "I did the same here five years ago, but I'll be fit for Saturday!"

Source: Sky News


Comments